Pages

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Friday, June 3, 2011

A Whole Year

It Really Has Been A Whole Year!
I have finished my first year of teaching!!! That is a huge accomplishment in my books. It was beyond interesting to be a first year teacher. I was extremely blessed to have been able to teach the kids I taught and teach with the great people at Hueytown Middle School. I was also one of the lucky first year teachers that got to keep my job in this tough time for educators. (I did have a little paperwork scare, but my principal took care of it and it was fixed in a week!) I would be lying to say that it was easy for me to wake up every single day and go to work. There were definitely days that I thought I was too tired (mentally or physically). I will say though, I was amazed at how easy it is to be a teacher. Maybe that is God's way of telling me that I am right where I am suppose to be. I feel that if I can just touch one person every day I am at school then I have accomplished what I want to. I feel that children with moderate to severe disabilities can be productive citizens if given the chance. I feel that so called "normal" 11-13 year old kiddos can be changed for the better when they are exposed to children with disabilities. I have to credit my love for Exceptional Education to Camp ASCCA. I would not be the teacher I am today without all the time I got to spend with other people in my profession and families dealing with disabilities. I think I can do the job effectively because I see the kids as just pre-teens and I expect a lot from them when they are with me at school. I love my job and I am excited to see what next year brings. I am sure some of you are wondering about what the future holds for me with my job and Matt living in Knoxville for half the year. Well, we are going to continue to take it year by year. We are trying to make the best decision for our family and right now Hueytown is where I will stay. I am coaching volleyball next year and I cannot wait for the season to start. So, one year down, 30 more to go...Hopefully!!!

**I am post happy now that I don't have anything else to do except laundry and watering my garden!!**

1 comment:

  1. Mollie- I agree that Camp ASCCA is a wonderful place for Special Education teachers to begin their career- or any teacher to be exact! I think it needs to be a pre-requiste for the RSED Deptartment!! One week at Camp!! Hey- not only do you meet awesome campers and parents, but you might be one of the lucky few to meet your spouse, too!! :) (Seth and I met there in the summer of 1999 and went on our first date Sept. 3, 1999!)

    ReplyDelete