Pages

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

We Did It! A Fun Weekend Ahead!!!!!

First Off: 
You blog readers out there helped fund my horseshoe table!!!! I was beyond excited to learn after only a WEEK  my table was funded and in the process of being shipped to Hueytown! Thanks a million times over! If you donated be on the look-out for Thank You Notes from my students! My principal was super excited about the table as well, since I have been bugging asking him about getting one since August! 
A Fun Weekend Ahead:
Matt has been in Knoxville since Monday and will be making his final trip home this weekend. :( He is coming home for The Friends of Camp ASCCA's Sixteenth Annual Ina Watson Memorial Valentine's Dinner and Dance. Obviously, since it has been going on for sixteen years it is a pretty big deal in Dadeville! Matt and I are working as volunteers with the rest of the ASCCA staff. Camp is where we met and it will always be a special place for us. It is where we have met some of our life-long friends and some of the most wonderful children, adults, and families that are dealing with disabilities. Matt and I have already decided that our future children will work at Camp in some capacity, whether they want to or not! :) HAHAHAHAHA....Can you control you kids like that before they are even born? We think so! I could go on and on about how much Camp has meant/been/will always be for us but I am sure that you have all heard me talk about it at some point in time. 
I will take this time to give Camp a little plug: If you have a minute, hour, or a day please go to the link above and check camp out! It is a place like no other and they too need help to stay open like so many other non-profit  organizations. I wanted to share some pictures of our years at camp. 
The Sign!

This is a picture of our first niece Carley on her first visit to Camp during a Fall Weekend!

Matt and I with Meigs!

2009-The year Matt and I were Head Counselors.

Who stole the Smudgies during Camp Seale Harris(Diabetic Camp)

Head Counselor Talk with Matt Rickman

A favorite- Parr!

2 of my favorite people with one of another favorite camper Savannah!

Matt's second summer, my first summer 2007

Matt and Zach during Teen Week

The sign pointing you in the right direction!
I hope you find a minute to spare to check out Camp ASCCA. It really does change people's lives. Not only the campers we serve, but the people who work there are forever changed as well. Matt and I will always be grateful that we spent our summers during college at Camp. It helped me find out what I was going to do with the rest of my life and also lead me to the love of my life. If you have a day during the summer take a trip to camp to see what it is all about. It will change your life too!

We have a 2-hour delay in the morning due to the snow! Then we have a Community Based Instruction Valentine's Dance Friday. This is a chance for my students to interact with other students with disabilities in Jefferson County in a fun dance setting! They even dress up and have professional photographers! I can't wait to see how my kids react! They have been practicing their line dances and other dances in PE for the past 2 weeks. 

Have a great rest of the week and a wonderful weekend! We are going to enjoy our "final" weekend together. He is going to be a busy, busy man until June! I hope to go see him during my Spring Break for a couple days in March! I know that Matt is not in the military but having a husband that drives a truck for a living is scary. We have enjoyed the 6 months he had off. I mean we got married for goodness sake! It is nothing new for us to be apart though-We have been apart from each other for most of the 3 years we were together. We just work that way I guess! When he gets home though we go 90 to nothing! Jam-packing his off time with vacations, trips to North Carolina, and just togetherness! If you are planting a garden this year or just need some herbs...Be Sure Your Plants are Bonnie Plants! If you have a third grader be sure they enter the contest! They could win a scholarship for their college education!


1 comment:

  1. oh girl i've made that hike up by the sign and back!!! and those smudgies were the HIT after the dance!! If i've got time i might try to come back and be the rd again for seale harris!
    p.s.: CONGRATS AGAIN!!! hope all is well with you and matt!!! love you Mrs. McMillan!!!

    -Lesley-

    ReplyDelete