Pages

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Saturday, February 26, 2011

Nothing New with the McMillan's

Just a quick note to recap the past two weeks! With Matt gone I rarely have anything exciting going on in my life! Sad I know! School and Grad School are basically taking over my life. I did have dinner with Cristin, Ansley and Kelli last week and it was fun to catch up and just relax over some Mexican! 
Last weekend I spent time catching up on sleep, cleaning the house and coaching a little softball. You read that last part right-I am coaching a 10 Under girls softball team out of Oak Grove Alabama. My aide Wendy's daughter Kaley is on the team. I am helping one of the dads. I am working with Kaley and one other girl on pitching. It is interesting to say the least! I have to remind myself that they are nine and ten! 
This past week was a busy one at school plus the pitching lessons! On Tuesday Wendy, Kaley and I went to the Alabama/UAB softball game at UAB. It was an awesome game and if Alabama hadn't gotten one really good hit during the top of the seventh, it would have gone into extra innings!
The downer of the week has been me getting the FLU! That's right....I am lying in bed with the flu! I began getting a sore throat on Wednesday night and by Thursday I was absolutely miserable. I went to school Thursday (against my better judgement) and survived by giving my kids lots of busy work. It might be easy for Regular Education Teachers to give their students seat work to do by themselves. My kiddos on the other hand need a lot of help with seat work, so thank goodness for Wendy and Mr. Wilson! I was able to work on AAA. Friday I woke up and felt like death but since I had an IEP meeting and had not made any arrangements I had to go. I knew it wouldn't be long so as soon as I got to school I talked to my principal and told him the situation and that I really needed to leave as soon as my meeting was over. He was fine with that so I went on with my meeting and headed straight to the doctor. After 2 hours it was confirmed I had the flu! So I went home and got on the couch! I have moved from the couch to the bed and back over the past 12 hours! As Cristin would put it, "Boo those snotty nosed kids" and she is right! My immune system is taking a beating, but I hope after this year I will be ready for ANY sickness! Even though I will get a whole new set of kiddos with new germs! 
Matt is doing well. He takes his first load of real plants on Sunday or Monday (I can't remember). We miss each other terribly but I am thankful that we have been here before and we can handle it! 
I hope y'all have a better weekend than I am having! Only 2 weeks until Spring Break which means I get to spend 3 days with Matt, and the rest of Spring Break at the Lake with Mom and Lawson (Nickel's Youngest). Nickel and Russ are taking Carley and Scarlett to Disney!!! They are so excited! I am ready for some good ole Lake Martin Living for a couple of days! I will also get to spend some quality time with Lindsey and Maddie!
Sorry about the lack of pictures! I will promise to do better! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment