Pages

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

MLK Weekend- A trip to North Carolina

As you read before I went to school on Friday. A 2-hour delay plus missing 2 students equaled for pretty interesting day! I high-tailed it out of school to hurry home so we could get on the road to NC! We left around 4 and made it to the in-laws house around 2 am Eastern Time! Not too much sleep for us since we got on the road at 10am to see this precious angel:
Look at those perfect lips!
We had a great time with Mel, Nathan,  & Becca! Mr. Tim and Mrs. Martha (Matt's Parents) took us all to Cracker Barrel and then Mel, Mrs. Martha, and myself went to Baby-R-Us because Mel had to pick something up for a baby shower! We then headed back to Mel and Nathan's to love on Becca! We also watched our wedding video since Mel and Nathan were not able to come! Neither Matt or I wanted to leave because we will not see Becca until she is almost 7 months old! We are going to the beach in July as a family! Wahoo!!! 
She is such a poser!

I could have held her all day!

With Melanie-Matt's Sister and the Baby Mama!

Cute, cute, cute!
All around we had a great trip. We can't wait for July to spend some serious time with Becca! And of course the rest of the family too!
On a Sad Note....
Our "baby" Waylon went to Gun Dog Training in North Carolina!
We dropped Waylon off on Monday in Laurel Hill, NC with Woody Thurman owner/operator of Twin Lake Kennels. We got there about 10:30 and we stayed for almost an hour. If you know Waylon you know that the first thing he did was not retrieve the bumper that was thrown for him but instead ignore it and go jump in the freezing cold pond! After we talked about Waylon, Woody put him on a lead and walked him to the kennel where he will be living. There were about 15 other dogs in this long barn-like thing and Waylon had his own little kennel in the front. He got scared when he was put in there and I may or may not have balled like a little baby. It was literally like sending my child to Kindergarten-except I can't pick him up for 6 weeks or possibly 6 months! I embarrassed Matt but Woody said he understood that I was attached to Waylon! I definitely think this place is good considering we have close friends that have sent their dogs to Woody. I can't wait to see how much Waylon learns! You can check out Woody out on ESPN Classics too! I miss Waylon terribly and cried 3-4 times on the way back from NC! Don't be fooled-Matt misses him too...He called me during my planning period to tell me how much he missed Waylon this morning! 
My pretty boy in front of the Christmas Tree-2010
Not much going on at the McMillan house this week. Thank Goodness! We are laying low until Matt leaves for Knoxville :( He is probably leaving anytime between now and the first week of February...Who knows what I will do then! Only a four day work week which usually means the longest week EVER! 




No comments:

Post a Comment