Pages

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Thursday, January 13, 2011

4 Snow Days Later...

What does one do with FOUR snow days?
In North Alabama you play in snow, sled, and enjoy warm fires! In North Shelby County you still build a warm fire, but there is no sledding or playing involved! On Monday afternoon around 4:30 pm I got the call saying we would not have school again Tuesday! I was fine with that since I wanted to stay up late and watch the BCS National Championship game! It was a horrible great game! On Tuesday I was positive that we would be going to school on Wednesday but maybe just 2 hrs late! Well I was wrong-Wednesday was another Snow Day! When I got that call I told Matt that he HAD to get me out of the house or ELSE! We ended up driving to Alabaster to eat dinner at Jim and Nick's and then we went and saw Tron 3D. I definitely recommend this movie if you are bored! NOT! Maybe for the boys! 
On Wednesday I decided that I would go to SSA and get my name changed. Going to the downtown office was a nightmare: 1. They actually didn't open until 10:30 (do you think that was on their website-NO) and I was there at 9:45, 2. Parking down there is a madhouse!, 3. I got a number and it said my wait time was 110 minutes-Yikes, 4. There were some interesting people in that office-I will leave it at that! It only took me about 30 minutes and I was out of there with a letter stating my card would come in the mail in 2 weeks!
The rest of Wednesday consisted of Matt building me another wonderful fire, taking Waylon to buy him some dog food, eating Hot and Ready Pizza, and watching Dinner for Schmucks-worth the rent!
This morning (Thursday) I got up and went to Pelham to get a new Driver's License! I then headed over to the local RBC to change/add my name on my bank accounts! Then Matt and I moved the furniture around and went back to the bank to join accounts! Whoa-big move, I know! I found out around 3 pm that I would be going to school on Friday, but 2 hrs late. Which added a bit of a kink to our North Carolina plans! (I had planned on taking Friday off so we could go to NC!)

I am so glad to finally have most of the "name-changing" process done! I still have to change my bills, work stuff, and other randoms!
We are headed to North Carolina this weekend to see Becca! Matt is so happy he can hardly stand it!!!! I have baked 60 teacakes to take with us and we are in the process of laundry right now! 
I will update with a lot of pictures after this weekend! For now I have to run and finished my mashed potatoes for dinner and to go with them: grilled pork chops, black-eyed peas, and cornbread! This is my first attempt so we will see how it was! Have a great LONG weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment