Pages

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Sunday, December 5, 2010

The Debut of our Blog and Life Together!

Introducing Mr. and Mrs. Matthew Moore McMillan! Finally after 3 years we are MARRIED!!!!
**Side Note: Matt and I will not be going on our Honeymoon until I get out for Christmas Break and after our friends April and Nathan's Wedding on December 18th!**
We are trilled beyond believe to be able to share this experience called marriage together. Our family, friends, and everyone in between have pulled out all the stops to make our wedding day absolute perfection. It was absolute perfection in our eyes! We had a great time with our friends and families!

July 2010, Chip and Cara's Wedding
The past 150ish days have flown by for the two of us! A little recap of what we have been doing on between our engagement and wedding day:
  1. The week after our engagement we signed a lease on our house in Helena, AL!
  2. We went to North Carolina for a week to see Matt's family.
  3. We celebrated the Wedding of Stuart and Sara Brown on July 17th
  4. I started my job as a Special Education Teacher with Jefferson County Board of Education.
  5. We celebrated the Wedding of Chip (my brother) and Cara Williams on July 31st!
  6. We were reunited with Waylon! He stayed with my mom/Matt's parents/Chip in the Spring due to our schedules!
  7. Matt went back to Knoxville, Tennessee for 2 weeks to run his Fall Route.
  8. We dug up and re-planted our front flower bed! I was so proud because I definitely do not have a green thumb like my mother and grandmother! We planted Rosemary in our back flower beds...They lasted about 3 weeks. Waylon ate some and what he did not eat he dug up! ;)
  9. We had 7 wedding showers. (Yes you read that right 7!) We are extremely blessed with wonderful friends and family! **Thank You Notes are coming...I promise!**
  10. We bought a Christmas Tree! A beautiful 9 ft tree and Matt put 700 lights on it!
As you can see we have been going 90 to nothing since our engagement! I left out that I finished 2 semesters of Graduate School in between all this too!!! Go Me! I am sure I have left out a million other little things that we have done in the past 5 months!

My first 18 weeks as a REAL teacher are almost over! It seems like yesterday I was sitting at my desk reading my student's cumulative files. Eight students with moderate to severe disabilities, two para professionals, and peer helpers make for some very interesting days. I am grateful every day to God that he put me at a school where students with disabilties are not only accepted, but fully included. I want to write a book about some of the experiences I have had with these kids. They have deepened my desire, need, and drive to be around children/adults with special needs. Do not think that I have not come home 1. crying, 2. so tired I did not want to eat, or 3. with multiple stomach bugs. The things that happen to first year teachers!

Matt has been home since the last week of August. His job at Bonnie Plant Farm will resume in late January in Knoxville, Tennessee. We will be married almost 2 months when he has to move back to Knoxville until July. Thankfully, Knoxville is only 5 hours away and is a okay drive to make for both of us. Last Plant Season we saw each other every month except April (which is the busiest for the company)! While he has been at home he has worked at Camp, worked with Waylon on his behavior, helped with all kinds of wedding stuff, and just been all-around the best fiance' EVER! Seriously, he has been beyond amazing! I am sure he is ready to get back to Knoxville so he doesn't have to wake up to a "Honey, Please do..." ;)

I was randomly looking at old photos on Facebook and I wanted to share some of the two of us over the past three years! Enjoy! I promise to update the blog with pictures as soon as I get some!
This was Summer 2007-The Summer we met!

Snow 2010

The day of our Engagement! July 2, 2010

Stuart and Sara's Wedding-July 2010


Our House in Helena, AL
This weekend was fantastic and we are beyond blessed to have shared it with everyone that was there. Thank You to everyone who has shown us love and support during our relationship so far and we hope you continue to pray for us as we begin our marriage! 

3 comments:

  1. yesss!!! you have a blog! i love it! this is perfect for our relationship--now we don't have to have phone conversations (ha kidding!) love you both!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the blog!!! I had such a fun time with you guys this weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful! I wish you all the luck in the world! You are a fantastic woman with so much potential and I am so excited to be able to work with you. Have a very Merry Christmas and a Happy Honeymoon!!!!!

    ReplyDelete