Pages

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Saturday, November 3, 2012

Pumpkin Pancakes

I saw this recipe on a friend's blog the other day and since I LOVE all things pumpkin I made them! They were so awesome I have made these twice already!

Pumpkin Pancakes
Prep Time: 8 minutes
Yields: 12 (4 inch) pancakes

1 cup all-purpose flour(I used self-rising the second time around and try we're much fluffier!)
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoons salt
1 tablespoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice(I just shake the container 3-4 times)
2 large eggs(originally you have to separate the eggs but mine were plenty fluffy w/o beating the egg whites.)
3/4 cup milk
1/2 cup pumpkin
1/4 cup butter, melted

Directions:
Combine first 5 ingredients in a large bowl; make a well in center of mixture.
Combine eggs, milk, pumpkin and butter; add to flour mixture, stirring until incorporated.(If you separated the eggs fold the egg whites in here)
Pour about 1/4 cup batter for each pancake onto a hot, lightly greased griddle. Cool pancakes until tips are covered in bubbles and edges look cooked; turn an cook other side.

I will tell you that these are not sweet! There is only 1 tbsp of sugar. I was skeptical of the taste at first but once I added syrup I was in LOVE! If you love pumpkin you will love these pancakes! This is the 3rd recipe in the month of October that I made with pumpkin: pancakes, muffins, and oatmeal!

No comments:

Post a Comment