Pages

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Thursday, February 2, 2012

Container Gardening

**Get ready for a number of posts in the upcoming months to be about plants, plant season, vegetables, etc.! Being a Plant Man's wife is something special I tell ya!**


When Matt and I bought our house the first thing that came to mind was: "Where will we put our garden?" Funny thing to think of first to most people, but when your life is consumed by plants you have to know where you are going to put them!

1. The water spicket (sp) or the hosepipe as the Northerners say is on the backside of the house by the A/C unit. This is a problem because we would literally need a 100 foot hose to reach anything!

2. There are trees everywhere! Meaning very little sunlight to reach my tomatoes...who like sunlight! We have been studying the sun/shadows for the past couple of months and discussing where the best light is.

3. I have to do all of the cold crop/spring gardening by myself with guidance from Matt, Mom, and Chip! So the garden has to be something that I can handle myself!

So.....with these factors considered we are going to try a container garden this year. We are shooting to have 4 spots in the yard with plants in them. Whichever plants produce the best/most that spot will most likely become the home to our "Big" garden that Matt has already drawn up for Fall/Spring 2013!! I am excited about a contianer garden, but I hope I can produce a lot of vegetables! One day Matt and I plan to only have vegetables from our garden and not rely on the grocery store for things like tomatoes, peppers, lettuce, herbs, etc.!

Images via Google

Those are just some pictures of what we are thinking! I have also seen some gardens in those plastic kiddy pools! That would be cool, but I don't want to complete kill my grass!! I hope you are all working on your garden plans as well! It is almost time for the Cold Crops!

No comments:

Post a Comment